News





A little news.

Dad and I will most likely, or maybe quite probably, spend the summer serving in the Temple in Nauvoo.

It's a long story.

They ask for names of ordnance workers from the Oakland Temple who were available to work in Nauvoo for the summer.

So we turned in our names.

They do this every year but the temples that are ask to participate change. The temple matron told me that dozens of people "applied", of those, two couple were ask to turn in their mission papers, we were one of the couples.

If we "pass" then we would be in Nauvoo from the end of April until sometime in October. We hope Dad's heart is not a problem - or anything else - even my blood pressure - although it's usually just fine. All we can do is turn in the papers - the same papers that all missionaries turn in -- a lot for just 6 months. I wish it were simpler.

When we arrived home from this last trip there were messages on our machine from Temple Workers congratulating us -- although that was premature -- they had announced it in the Temple as if we were going for sure. The messages were the first we had heard anything.

Our stake president did get a letter with instructions for us to turn in mission papers by mid December - the Bishop gave us that letter Wednesday. We only have the information from the letter to the Temple President and to our Stake President. No personal contact.

I'm not sure we are comfortable enough to be excited to go. But if we do end up going, which, as I said before, is quite probable - then it should be a fun experience. It does feel like the right thing to do right now.

What do you think?

Guess that's all

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds very exciting! I hope you get it. Would we be allowed to "visit" you there?

KATIE said...

yeah, can we visit you there? I've still never been out there yet. That seems like a nice short way to do some mission stuff and you can tell people about how you were there when they announced it was being built.

Andy said...

Wow this is really cool. I hope we can come visit while you're there!

Liz said...

This is Tori. and *GASP*!!! This is exciting!!! At the end of May, beginning of June I am going there with my Stake!! Maybe I'll see you there!! Hopefully!

Liz said...

Mark is going, too:)

TheMom said...

Visiting is totally OK - they even have air-mattress' and sheets that can be borrowed. We can also call people (unlike young missionaries) and watch TV - I understand the Temple missionary apartments have almost everything - dishes etc. so we just pack up and go. We will have quite a bit of "down time". I'm assuming we can take a quick
"baby-trip" or two - we'll see how that works out. Most papers are done - Dad's at his doctor visit right now - my dental is done and my doc appointment is the first of December.

Post a Comment